Low-Income Telephone Assistance
Lifeline is a government benefit program that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income consumers. Eligible customers may only receive the benefit from one telephone company at a time (landline or cellular) and only one member of a household may receive the benefit.
To be eligible for assistance in this plan, an applicant must participate in one of the following programs:
- WI Works (W2)
- Medical Assistance (MA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- WI Homestead Tax Credit (Schedule H)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- National School Lunch Program
- Badger Care
- Income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Level
If you receive any of these benefits, please contact our office to complete the necessary paperwork to see if you qualify for a monthly credit on your phone bill.
For more information please visit http://psc.wi.gov